When you wish to submit your research article in a journal in 2023. you have to select the target journal for your research area as well as the journal must be indexed in any of the major abstract indexing databases such as ISI, Scopus, SCI, SCI-E, or ESCI. But identifying a targeted journal with a good journal citation report is not that easy. In this article, iLovePhD provides answers to How to Find Scopus Indexed Journals? Also, this article discusses the difference between SCI, SCIE, and SCImago journals.
What is Scopus?
Scopus is the number one abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed journals which contains more than 70 Million items like scientific articles, conference proceedings, book chapters, lecture notes, and books.
Also Read: What is Scopus Indexed Journal?
How to Find if Journal is Indexed in Scopus? 2023
In order to verify the targeted journal is indexed in the scops or not, we have to do the following steps.
- Type the URL in your address bar:
- Select the Title, Publisher, or ISSN number of the targeted journal to find Scoups indexing
- Give the targeted journal name in the Title field.
After given the title of the journal click find sources button.
- Finally, you will get the detail about the journal with all database coverage
Simple Step-by-Step Guide to Search Scopus Indexed Journals 2023
Here are the steps to find Scopus-indexed journals in 2023:
- Visit the Scopus website (www.scopus.com).
- Click on the “Sources” tab located in the top menu bar.
- On the Sources page, you can either use the basic search option or the advanced search option to find journals.
- Basic search: Enter the name of the journal or relevant keywords in the search box. You can also filter the results by subject area, source type, or country/region.
- Advanced search: Click on the “Advanced Search” link to access more specific search criteria. Here, you can refine your search by specifying parameters such as title, ISSN, subject area, publisher, and more.
- After entering the search criteria, click on the “Search” button to retrieve the list of journals matching your query.
- The search results will display the journals that are indexed in Scopus. Each journal entry will provide details like the journal name, ISSN, subject area, publisher, and indexing information.
What is the difference between an SCI, SCIE, and SCImago journal?
There is a lot of confusion among researchers when it comes to scientific indexing from different databases. Let’s find the difference between an SCI, SCIE, and SCImago journal.
The Science Citation Index (SCI)
SCI: The Science Citation Index (SCI) is a citation index originally produced by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) and created by Eugene Garfield.
SCI was officially launched in 1964. It is now owned by Thomson Reuters. SCI The SCImago Journal & Country Rank is a portal that includes the journals and country scientific indicators developed from the information contained in the Scopus database (Elsevier).
These indicators can be used to assess and analyze scientific domains. The larger version (Science Citation Index Expanded) covers more than 6,500 notable and significant journals, across 150 disciplines, from 1900 to the present.
These are alternately described as the world’s leading journals of science and technology, because of a rigorous selection process.
The Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
SCIE: The Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) is a bibliographic database originally created by Eugene Garfield, produced by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI), and now owned by Thomson Reuters (TR). The company that releases the journal impact factor every year.
SCImago Journal: This platform takes its name from the SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) indicator, developed by SCImago from the widely known algorithm Google PageRank. This indicator shows the visibility of the journals contained in the Scopus database from 1996. This index is based on the SCOPUS database which has much wider indexed journals compared to ISI.
I Hope, This article helps you to identify ISI, Scopus, or Scimago Indexed journals and also know the difference between them.
Scopus Indexed journals
|Scopus Indexed Journals in Air Pollution||Link|
|List of Document types covered in Scopus||Link|
|Top 91 Chemical Engineering Scopus Journals||Link|
|Top Scopus Indexed Journals List in Arts and Humanities||Link|
|Top 20 SCI and Scopus Indexed Manufacturing Engineering Journals List||Link|
|List of Scopus-indexed Journals Removed from UGC-CARE||Link|
|Scopus Indexed Journals List in Management||Link|
|25 Top Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Scopus Indexed Peer-Reviewed Journals List||Link|
|List of Scopus indexed Journals Removed from UGC-CARE||Link|
|Top 15 Scopus Indexed Journals in English Literature||Link|
|Discontinued Scopus Indexed Journals-February 2021||Link|
|Top 60 Scopus-indexed Journals in Environmental Engineering||Link|
|Scopus-indexed journals in Business, Management, and Accounting||Link|
|Top 12 Machine Learning Journals||Link|
|Open Access Computer Science WoS Journals List||Link|
|Top 10 Internet of Things(IoT) Journals with impact factor journals list||Link|
|List of SCI-SCIE Indexed Journals in Computer Science and Engineering||Link|
|Updated MDPI Journals Impact Factors – Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate)||Link|
|Top 20 Physics with impact factor journals list||Link|
|Top 20 Life Sciences & Earth Sciences Publications||Link|
|List of journals with impact factor||Link|