All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi invites application to select the eligible candidates for AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF) scheme for the year 2021-22. The online application for ADF is made available in AICTE website.
The candidates are advised to see the guidelines (Eligibility criteria, Thrust areas of research, Fellowship amount and its duration) issued by the AICTE for ADF scheme and also refer the list of eligible Institutions/Departments. Maximum of 363 Nos. of fellowship may be granted to 42 Universities in a year. The last date to submit the filled online application is 17.09.2021.
Eligibility criteria for AICTE Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2021-2022:
- The candidate must have secured the minimum percentage of educational qualification in Under Graduate and Post Graduate be 70% (69.5 % and above) for General/OBC candidates,
- For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped, the minimum percentage of educational qualification should be 65% (64.5 % and above).
- Should have qualified GATE/ NET during the last 5 years.
- The aspirant should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in respective University.
- However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/Women/Physically challenged category.
Thrust areas of research
- Green Technologies
- Big Data, Machine Learning & Data Sciences
- Block Chain
- Cyber Security
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality (VR)
- Energy Production and Storage
- Electronics & Photonics
- Nuclear Engineering and Allied Technologies
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Energy Efficiency, Renewable and sustainable Energy
- Electric and Hybrid Mobility
- Smart Cities, Housing and Transportation
- 3D Printing
- Quantum Computing
- Smart Technologies for Agriculture and Food Industry
- Water purification, conservation and management
- Public Policy
- Social & Organizational Psychology & Behaviour
Duration and extension criteria:
- The duration of the scheme shall be for a period of 3 Years.
- The fellowship period may be extended to 1 year on special case with valid reasons. The criteria for extension are
- The candidate must score a minimum overall score of 10 marks under different parameters.
- Completion of Course work.
- Completion of the Registration of the Ph.D. Programme & approval of the Research proposal by the University.
- Must have published one paper in SCI/SCI-E/Scopus journal.
- The assessment shall be carried out by the concerned University for final recommendation for extension of fellowship On the basis of this recommendation AICTE will process for the release of fellowship for the extended period.
AICTE doctoral fellowship
- The fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- per month for the first two years followed by Rs. 35,000/- pm for the third year.
- HRA will be provided at the rate of 8%, 16% and 24% as per the Government of India (GoI) norms as applicable in the city/ location where the Research Fellow is pursuing their research.
- In addition, Contingency Grant will be admissible to the scholars at the rate of Rs.15,000/- per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures.
After completion of two years the upgradation from JRF to SRF shall be subject to fulfilling the following mandatory eligibility conditions: –
- Completion of Course work.
- Submission of Registration letter from the University.
- Research Proposal submitted and approved.
- Recommendation from Institute/University.
Cancellation of award
The fellowship is liable to cancellation in case of:
- Non Completion of course work, non-registration in Ph.D. and non-approval of research proposal within one year from date of joining.
- Unsatisfactory progress of research work/ failure in any examination related to Ph.D.
- He/ She is found ineligible later.
- Any false information furnished by the applicant or any fraudulent activity by the Scholar/ Fellow/ Research Awardees shall lead to Penal action against him/ her.
- The fellowship may be terminated at any time during the tenure and the decision of the AICTE shall be final and binding.
University wise allocation of fellowship
|S. No.||Name of University||State||No of Seats allotted|
|1||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur||Andhra Pradesh||8|
|2||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||Andhra Pradesh||8|
|3||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (Deemed to be University)||Arunachal Pradesh||8|
|4||Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati||Assam||5|
|5||Tezpur University, Tezpur||Assam||11|
|6||Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna||Bihar||10|
|7||Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhillai||Chhattisgarh||10|
|8||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi||Delhi||5|
|9||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi||Delhi||8|
|10||Netaji Subhas University of Technology, New Delhi||Delhi||6|
|11||Gujarat Technological University, Gujarat||Gujarat||15|
|12||Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar||Haryana||6|
|13||J. C. Bose University of Science and Technology (YMCA), Faridabad||Haryana||7|
|14||Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal||Haryana||7|
|15||Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU), Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh||10|
|16||Jharkhand University of Technology, Ranchi||Jharkhand||5|
|17||Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi||Karnataka||10|
|18||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala||10|
|19||Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||10|
|20||Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Vishnupuri, Nanded||Maharashtra||4|
|21||Mumbai University, Mumbai||Maharashtra||6|
|22||Shivaji University, Kolhapur||Maharashtra||9|
|23||Savitribai Phule Pune University, formerly University of Pune||Maharashtra||8|
|24||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University , Amravati||Maharashtra||9|
|25||Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Maharashtra||11|
|26||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere||Maharashtra||5|
|27||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad||Maharashtra||5|
|28||Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela||Odisha||10|
|29||Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla||Odisha||8|
|30||Puducherry Technological University, Puducherry||Puducherry||3|
|31||I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar||Punjab||5|
|32||Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University, Bhatinda||Punjab||5|
|33||Sant Longowal Institute of Engg & Technology||Punjab||8|
|34||Bikaner Technical University (BTU), Bikaner||Rajasthan||8|
|35||Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota||Rajasthan||8|
|36||Anna University, Chennai||Tamil Nadu||15|
|37||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad||Telengana||10|
|38||Tripura University (Central University)||Tripura||8|
|39||Dr. A. P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||18|
|40||Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun||Uttarakhand||15|
|41||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||West Bengal||10|
|42||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||West Bengal||16|